What is an optimal system?
Find the key attributes of the system. Understand how do they correlate to each other.
Never forget the feasibility. Feasibility is a reality of building an optimal system.
Context: IT System
Key attributes are Safety and Speed. Each of them has a feasibility factor attached to it.
- The Faster it is the less Safe it is
- The Safer it is the slower it becomes
- There is a point P1 beyond which there is no Safety
- P1 is where the safety is zero . Beyond it goes into the negative safety which is called danger.
- The speed is too high beyond P1
- There is a point P2 beyond which system is too slow
- Safety might rise beyond P2, but that is an UnFeasible system because it is too slow.
The optimal system is on the line P1, P2.
The optimal system is the most feasible system.