HTML5 spoiling the assumed balance? We are in 2017 Q4, XAML is back to the Windows and here to stay. So what is this HTML5 title all about?
Aim is here to show you a bit of a history regarding XAML in the context of my text bellow written 6 years ago. Ok, let’s rewind to 2011. WinJS is raging beast in the Windows woods. Windows 8 is out. Times are interesting. One must always take the opportunity to learn from history
It is now 2011 June 24-th.
And no, you are not sleeping.
Windows 8 debate continues. Here is one very good and informed article. Albeit 100% Microsoft centric. This article has a lot of useful info. Key points (from it) for me are:
- Managed and native are equal in W8
- XAML stays (please read THIS )
- WinRT API starts seriously replacing Win32
More importantly this article is not mentioning the very serious commercial reality MSFT is facing.
- Mobile consumer oriented computing is going to be the Cloud Client computing paradigm
- Apple & Google ante portas! Shed all the weight and regroup for the battle!
HTML5 spoiling the assumed balance. Indeed.
1Or rather was embracing.