P0618RO: “…The entire header
<codecvt> (which does not contain the class
codecvt!) is deprecated, as are the utilities
wbuffer_convert. These features are hard to use correctly, and there are doubts about whether they are even specified correctly. Users should use dedicated text-processing libraries instead…”
(update: for the comprehensive “all in one” solution please head here )
codecvt is, officially, irrevocably, gone. For good. Deprecated. And there is this highly suspicious: “Text-processing libraries” advice. Panic? Please don’t.
Does this apply to you? My advice: “Stay cool calm and collected and all things will fall into place”. Read on. Continue reading
[Note: metacall base article]
I am currently in the stage of searching for simple but valid examples of metacall validity (aka: usefulness) as interfacing concept and programming idiom.
And, I think I have found one. metacall + project Euler. The mathematical nature of some computational problems make them a great fit for the functional paradigm. For those of you who don’t know, “Project Euler is a series of challenging mathematical/computer programming problems…” (ProjectEuler.net). I have concluded I could use the simple and interesting solution for a problem from “Project Euler” to show metacall in action.
In this post, I have improved the
dbj::print() lambda from the part one.
Allow me to analyze it for you in a bit of a detail. First what you like most, the code.
(Alternatively if you feel brave and kind of a clear headed, feel free to snub this beginners text and jump straight to Part 3 )